BECOMING 1st CLASS @NUMBER
1st Class@Number improves children's understanding of number and develops calculation skills.
A choice of highly effective, small group programmes for children who need additional support with the KS1 mathematics curriculum.
• provides targeted use of the Pupil Premium
• supports the National Curriculum for mathematics
• raises mathematical attainment
• increases enjoyment and engagement in mathematics
• develops teaching assistants’ subject knowledge and wider effectiveness
• provides detailed evidence of progress and impact
• narrows the range of attainment in your class to facilitate successful teaching for mastery
Becoming 1st Class@Number is for children who need further support to access the Year 1 curriculum.
How does it work?
1stClass@Number comes ready-made with detailed session guidance and extensive resources. A specially trained teaching assistant delivers 24-30 half-hour sessions to a group of up to four children. The sessions focus on number and calculation, developing children’s mathematical understanding, communication and reasoning skills. The sessions are lively and active, engaging children in real life contexts that are both stimulating and fun. Each topic starts with a simple assessment that helps the teaching assistant to tailor sessions to the children’s needs.
Impact on Achievement
Over 55,000 children in Years 1 to 11 have been supported by 1stClass@Number in 4,000 schools:
• They made an average Number Age gain of 13 months in only 3.5 months - over 3 times the expected progress.
• 93% of them showed more confidence and interest in learning mathematics in class after 1st Class@Number.
Please see the attached flyer for further details.
Day 1: Monday 8th January (9:00am – 3:00pm *)
Day 2: Tuesday 30th January (9:00am – 12:00pm)
Day 3: Thursday 22nd February (9:00am – 12:00pm)
Day 4: Monday 12th March (9:00am – 12:00pm)
Day 5: Monday 30th April (9:00am – 12:00pm)
* Lunch will be provided on Day 1
Tea/coffee/biscuits – provided at breaks
Cost: £950 for all five sessions and includes 1 Teacher and up to 2 Teaching Assistants PLUS a comprehensive resource kit.
Course run by David Morris.
To book onto Becoming 1st Class@Number please click HERE