Specialist Leaders in Education
Several of our teaching staff have been awarded Specialist Teacher in Education status.
SLEs are experienced middle or senior leader who are experienced and interested in supporting middle and senior leaders in other schools.
Teaching Schools and SLEs support the Department for Education’s goal to provide educational excellence everywhere so that every child and young person can access high-quality provision, achieving to the best of their ability regardless of location, prior attainment and background.
- a successful track record of working effectively within their own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- evidence of successfully using coaching and/or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a good understanding of what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in their field of expertise and the ability and confidence to communicate this
- a good understanding of how their specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- an analytical approach in identifying and prioritising needs
- the ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices
- the ability to grow leadership capacity in others
Please click here (or select the SLEs tab on the right) to see the full list of Paragon Teaching Alliance SLEs.