Success@Arithmetic develops conceptual understanding and procedural fluency in number and written methods. A choice of two small-group programmes for pupils in KS2 and KS3 who need support with mathematical fluency and written arithmetic.
• provides targeted use of the Pupil Premium
• supports the National Curriculum for mathematics
• promotes mathematical thinking and understanding
• develops secure and fluent calculation methods through carefully staged progression
• develops the mathematical subject knowledge of both teachers and teaching assistants
• provides detailed evidence of progress and impact
• narrows the range of attainment in your class to facilitate successful teaching for mastery
Two programmes are available to schools
Success@Arithmetic: Number Sense
For pupils in Years 3 to 5 who need support to understand the number system and develop fluency with number facts.
For pupils in Years 5 to 8 who need support to understand and develop fluency with formal written methods.
How does it work?
Success@Arithmetic trains a lead teacher and a teaching assistant. The lead teacher conducts a diagnostic asessment and selects a series of Success@Arithmetic steps to form a tailored programme that the teaching assistant delivers to an intervention group of up to three pupils. The sessions use number rods, bar modelling and written methods to build a complete mathematical picture, developing pupils’ arithmetical fluency. They can be adapted to meet individual needs.
Impact on Achievement
Over 13,000 pupils in Years 3 to 11 have been supported by Success@Arithmetic in 2,000 schools:
• They made an average Number Age gain of 15 months in 4 months - almost 4 times the expected progress
• 91% of them showed more confidence and interest in learning mathematics after Success@Arithmetic.
Please see attached flyer for further details.
Dates for Success@Arithmetic: Calculation
Day 1: Wednesday 10th January (9:00am – 12:00pm)
Day 2: Friday 19th January (9:00am – 3:00pm *)
Day 3: Tuesday 27th February (9:00am – 3:00pm *)
* Lunch will be provided on Day 2 & 3
Tea/coffee/biscuits – provided at breaks
Cost: £950 for all three sessions and includes 1 Teacher and up to 2 Teaching Assistants PLUS a comprehensive resource kit.
Course run by David Morris.
To book onto Success@Arithmetic: Calculation please click HERE