Teaching School Business Coordinator vacancy
This is an exciting appointment supporting the work and development of the Teaching School. You will work closely with the Teaching School staff, advisors and liaise closely with our alliance partner and strategic partner schools.
Applicants should be creative, proactive, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with strong organisational and administrative abilities.
An experience of working in schools/education system is desirable.
- 25 hours per week (timings and days per week are negotiable. Flexibility would be needed to attend early morning/late afternoon meetings or events on occasions. Further details are available)
- Grade 6: Term time only
- Salary: £18,070 to £20,661 FTE (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- One year fixed-term contract (this will be reviewed annually)
Main duties will include:
- To facilitate Teaching School courses and training programmes, from taking bookings to organising venues, meeting and greeting candidates and providing administrative support to trainers;
- To maintain detailed, costed and accessible records of participation, evaluation and impact analysis for all Teaching School activities;
- To attend relevant meetings as requested, to take minutes and to establish and maintain good professional relationships with partner schools, alliance members, etc. to ensure the smooth running of the Teaching School events;
- To be competent in the use of IT software and design in order to create marketing/informative materials;
- To be able to maintain/update a ‘user-friendly’ website supported by colleagues and managed by external sources (no website expertise needed and training will be provided);
- To place orders for equipment, stationery etc;
- To manage, in liaison with the Teaching School Leads, day to day operations in order for the Teaching School to function/operate successfully;
- To keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the Teaching School budget and to liaise with the School Business Manager over such matters;
- To support with the recruitment of trainees to the Teaching School’s School Direct training programme.
The position will be based at Hampton Hargate Primary School. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For an application pack, please visit the website www.hampton-hargate.peterborough.sch.uk (vacancies can be found under School Information heading)
Or contact the school on 01733 296780 and ask for Sophie Harrison, PA to Headteacher
Closing date: Midday Monday 29th January 2018. Interviews expected to be Tuesday 6th February.